How to Apply
Applicants must be of good moral character, be eligible to re-enroll in the school last attended and be free from learning and behavioral problems. Report cards and test scores must indicate the student’s ability to meet the high standards expected of students at Westbury Christian School.
Admission Policy: Applicants must be of good moral character, be eligible to re-enroll in the school last attended and be free from learning and behavioral problems. Report cards and test scores must indicate the student’s ability to meet the high standards expected of students at Westbury Christian School.
Priorities for Acceptance: The following groups receive a priority status regarding enrollment: siblings of current students, staff children, members of an area Church of Christ, children of WCS Alumni and families enrolling more than one child.
Pre-K3 and Pre-K4: Students must be 3 for admission into Pre-K3 and 4 for admission into Pre-K4 before August 1st and must be toilet trained. Students are accepted on a 6-week probation period. The Lower School Principal has the right to immediately dismiss any child that is not a good fit for our program. In this event, tuition will be prorated. Should a parent remove the child on their own for any reason, the parents may be responsible for the full year’s tuition.
Step 1: School Visit
Families attend one of our admissions events which include:
- Wildcat Wednesday – morning tours for prospective families
- Personal Tour by appointment
Step 2: Application and Records
Submit the following to the Admissions Office:
- Online Enrollment Application
- A clear copy of student’s report card for the fall semester of the current school year
- Copies of student’s end of year report cards for the previous 2 years
- Copies of student’s Achievement Test Scores for the previous 2 years
- Copy of student’s up-to-date Immunization Record
- Copy of student’s birth certificate.
- Recommendation Forms (Forms are located on our website) must be mailed directly from current school to Westbury Christian School or scanned and emailed directly from current school to WCS. Email: email@example.com. Include a stamped envelope addressed to the following:
Westbury Christian School
Attn: Admissions Office
10420 Hillcroft St.
Houston, TX 77096
Step 3: Testing
Please refer to the “Admissions Testing Dates and Guidelines” section of the Admission Dates and Deadlines Page.
Step 4: Shadow Visit
A shadow visit is required for applicants for grades 2-12. Please call the Admissions Office for details. Certain entrance exams can be administered during the shadow visit.
Step 5: Principal Interview
All Applications and records are previewed by the Admissions Committee. Upon approval, the family is given an appointment for an interview. Both parents must attend the Principal Interview, and applicants for grades 5-12 must attend as well. Prior to this interview, families should review the WCS Parent-Student Handbook located on the WCS website.
Step 6: Admissions Decision
Once the Admissions Committee has determined a student’s admissions status, a letter will be sent to the parent/guardian. The student’s application will either be accepted, denied or put in a wait pool. The committee’s decisions are final. It is the policy of Westbury Christian School to not discuss admission decisions with parents/guardians. Please notify WCS if your child enrolls in another institution so we can remove them from the wait pool. The wait pool will not be maintained past September 1st.