Upper School : Grades 9-12
Upper School Principal
Upper School Assistant Principal, Curriculum & Instruction
WCS offers a Three-Dimensional Program of education for its students. It consists of a Spiritual Development Program, an Academic Development Program, and a Student Activity Program. Each one of these three dimensions receives equal attention in application, as explained in the following articles. Students receive instruction through varied experiences and utilize planned and proven methods to elevate them to a greater level of education – spiritually, formally, and practically.
Learn how WCS is taking STEM to a higher level.
Degreed, certified Christian teachers stimulate intellectual curiosity among students through an accredited academic program that prepares them for high school. WCS students are provided opportunities for the development of clear, logical and effective communication skills.
All elements of the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) are incorporated into the curriculum. This insures that students are prepared to successfully continue their education in any public or private institution.
- All courses of study are college preparatory.
- Pre-AP and AP classes are offered.
- Students may choose from a variety of electives.
- Students must complete one credit of Bible per year.
- All subjects are taught from the Biblical perspective.
NOTE: Students who register for a class(es) in the Dr. David M. Lacey AP Program are responsible for purchasing the required textbook(s).
Click for a list of 2015-2016 AP textbooks.(Availability in Wildcat Store current as of 7.21.2015)
Courses Offered By Department
- World Geography
- AP Human Geography
- World History
- AP World History
- U.S. History
- AP U.S. History
- Government/Economics (12th)
- AP U.S. Government & Politics
- AP Macroeconomics/AP Microeconomics
- AP Psychology
- English I
- Pre AP English I
- English (II, III, IV)
- Pre AP English (II)
- AP English Literature and Composition
- AP English Language and Composition
- Algebra I
- Algebra II
- Models of Math
- Algebra III
- Pre AP Pre-Calculus
- AP Calculus AB
- AP Calculus BC
- AP Computer Science Principles
- AP Statistics
- Int. Physics & Chemistry
- Pre AP Biology
- AP Biology
- AP Chemistry
- AP Physics
- Engineering Design
- AP Spanish Language and Culture
- Intro to Business
- AP Studio Art
- Communication Applications (Speech)
- Oral Interpretation
- All students are required to successfully complete one credit of Bible per year.
- Bible classes are specifically designed for high school students.
- Office/Library/Dept. Aide
Courses may vary from year to year.
Student Activities Dimension
Student Activities Dimension
Students participate in areas listed below. WCS students compete in academics and athletics in the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS).
- National Honor Society
- High School Student Council
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Interact Club
- WCS Sponsored Clubs
- Cross Country
Chapel assemblies, devotionals, class prayers and daily Bible classes are the standard at WCS. Students learn Biblical teachings and Christian principles. Teachers encourage students to develop Christian leadership skills for use in their homes, communities and churches. The Spiritual Life Leader leads chapel, retreats, prayer circles and small group activities. The campus Chaplain ministers to WCS families who are in need of spiritual support offering family counseling and seminars.
- WCS operates a closed campus. All visitors, including parents, must sign-in and be identified.
- All entrance doors except the main entrance are locked during school hours. Classroom doors are locked after class begins.
- All classrooms have a two-way speaker system allowing teachers to communicate directly and immediately with the office.
- A predetermined plan has been developed for fire, weather and emergency evacuation.
- A staffed clinic is available to the students.